Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Developmental Evaluation


Last week I received a phone call from Early Intervention wanting to schedule an appointment to do a developmental evaluation on the boys. I was not expecting it. From what I understand they are just covering all areas of development  to be sure there is not an underlying reason or cause (other than prematurity) for the boys speech delay.

So a very nice woman came to the house last week to do the evaluation. The questions were again not what I expected & not the same for each of the boys. I didn't get any kind of indication of how the boys did other than that they did not pass her hearing screen. I have put in a call to the pediatrician to have their hearing checked out. I do not believe there is really an issue. They always respond when we talk to them, look when we say their names & so on but of course we will make sure we are not missing something. Other than that she just told me that I would receive a copy of her report.

I'm still waiting to hear from the speech therapist. I'm a bit anxious to get them started with their therapy. Actually I'm just anxious for them to start communicating better & stop screaming, lol... 

1 comment:

  1. I hear you.
    It's funny. I remember actually questioning my kids hearing. They never listen. They completely ignore me. That was only 2 days ago :)

    I'm sure they'll do just fine in their hearing evaluation.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...