Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Easter is a bit of a nostalgic holiday for me, especially when it falls in late April like it did 3 years ago. Easter of 2011 I was in the ante-partum ward of Forsyth Medical Center going on my 3rd week of hospital bed rest & trying to keep the boys cooking on the inside for as long as I could. Little did I know that after celbrating my birthday the next day, 3 short days later, I'd be meeting our precious boys in person!


It's so hard to believe that was 3 years ago, sometimes it feels like it was yesterday, yet sometimes it feels like an eternity ago. It's even harder to believe that in just one week we will have three 3 year olds!!!

Onto this Easter...

Like the past 2 Easters, we spent the day with my mom & bonus dad at their house. The weather here has been cold & rainy for the past few days including yesterday, so hunting Easter eggs outside was pretty much out of the question. It didn't keep us from doing other fun Easter things though like coloring Easter eggs. This was the boys first time coloring eggs & I wasn't sure what to expect? They loved it! They couldn't dye the eggs enough & ended up coloring already colored eggs over & over again... We ended up with some very interesting colored eggs, lol. They didn't make as much of a mess as I had expected but Garren did like to drop his eggs in the dye from about 8" above the cup, so we had some splashes & some dribbles when transferring the eggs but no spills :)

Garren, Grandma, Kellan, Mom Mom, & Caden

Grandma looks like she may be reconsidering that this was a good idea, lol...

Not too awful for being dyed multiples times in random colors :)

My mom cooked up a delicious feist of ham, devil end eggs, au gratin potatoes, cauliflower salad (like potato salad but with cauliflower, it's super yummy!) baked beans, rolls & of course a couple of pies. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore & then, we had desert! The boys actually ate really well this year, ham has been kind of hit & miss among the boys but Garren & Caden ate a bunch of it this year (Kellan still doesn't eat much meat at all) they all ate olives & deviled eggs, the veggies were hit & miss amongst each of them but we were able to get them to try a bite of each (veggies aren't an issue for them, they just prefer green veggies) Everything was amazingly good & my mom sent us home with enough food for the week!

Papa, Grandma & Bella, their new puppy

I took a ton of pictures, I even remembered my camera for once but for some unfortunate reason nothing saved & when I went to upload the photos I just got solid black files :( I did happen to take a few photos of the boys coloring Easter eggs with my phone thankfully & one photo of just my parents (the boys couldn't sit still for a photo with grandma & grandpa) but that was it :(
I'm hoping I just need a new SD card & not a whole new camera, although I wouldn't complain about a new one since my DSLR is 7-ish years old now & pretty outdated.

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter too with your loved ones! 

1 comment:

  1. I too learned that coloring eggs with a toddler (or in your case 3) is not for the faint of heart, LOL! Looks like a fun day – Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...